CF Live was written by Russ Michaels.
If you do not have access to a ColdFusion or Lucee server but need to test some code, "CF live" provides a quick and easy way to do this, no installation required, just a browser.
What can you do with CF Live
- If you normally use ColdFusion but want to quickly test if some code works on Lucee, or vice versa.
- If you want to compare performance between ColdFusion and Lucee.
- To quickly test code snippets when posting on blogs, lists or forums to make sure your code works
- Testing other people's code to find bugs.
- You can use most common CFML tags/functions.
- Your code is saved in a session for 30 minutes.
- Full debug output is enabled, but you can hide it.
- Works on all popular mobile devices:- Android, IPhone, IPad, Nexus 7 etc
What you can't do
Obviously allowing anyone to freely execute any code via a form is risky and for this reason certain security measures need to be taken and certain functionality has to be disabled. IF you want to be able to use ALL tags and functions then why not sign-up for free developer hosting at www.cfmldeveloper.com or simply download the developer edition of ColdFusion or Lucee.
- You can't write files to the server, so if you try to WRITE a file with any tag/function you will get a security error
- You cannot link to your code (yet)
- You cannot access the Lucee Admin
- You cannot send mail (unless you specify your own mail server in the cfmail tag)
- you cannot use Java or any tag/function that relies on Java.
Here is a full list of tags/fucntions which are disabled.
- cfdump (uses java)
- all directory* functions
- all file* functions
- OpenID login using Facebook, Google Apps, Twitter
- Allow logged in users to save and manage multiple files
- Link to your code ala pastebin
If you have any suggestions, bug reports, feedback then us ethe FEEDBACK over on the left.